Optimal intestinal health is vital. At The ADHD Naturopathic Clinic, we believe the gut is the centre of your physical health. If we are not able to digest and absorb nutrients then other organs and systems will not be able to function efficiently, therefore eventually creating disease.
The purpose of any detox program is to take the load off the organs that detoxify the body, for example, the gut, liver, kidneys, and bowel, whilst at the same time supporting and improving their performance.
Benefits of Detoxing
- Boosts energy levels by way of eliminating refined, processed foods and sugars;
- Boosts the immune system (70% of the immune system is in the gut);
- Clearer thinking and elimination of ‘brain fog’ (the brain and gut connection);
- Eliminates Candida (yeast imbalance);
- Eliminates toxins and wastes;
- Improves skin problems such as acne, cellulite, and skin rashes by stimulating the lymphatic system;
- Promotes a sense of well-being; and
- Reduces inflammation (which creates disease).
We share our environment will all kinds of bugs. While some microorganisms are beneficial to our body, others that we have contact with in our daily lives can be extremely damaging. Pathogenic organisms, when they are out of balance, such as bacteria, parasites, viruses and fungi, can have a slow and steady detrimental effect on our health. Our bodies are also exposed to many hidden toxins on a daily basis. It may shock you to know that one of the main culprits is your own home!
- Drink from old plastic water bottles?
- Have big-screen TV’s and electrical appliances in your home?
- Reheat food in plastic containers in the microwave?
- Use cling wraps or aluminum foil to cover leftover foods?
- Use fruit and vegetable wash to remove the pesticides from your weekly fresh food shop?
- Use harsh cleaning products such as bleach?
- Wear makeup that may contain chemicals?
During your Complete Detox Program, your practitioner will address any stress influences, along with any food intolerances that may be present, and bring your body back to homeostasis.
We have a number of in-house diagnostic tools we use to assess the state of your well-being and why you are not detoxing properly:
- Avatar Bio-Energetic Medicine
- Physical examination – BMI, Blood pressure, pulse reading, and more…
We also use outside diagnostic testing; (which test we use will depend on the information provided through our questionnaires)
- Genetic testing
- Functional pathology testing
- Heavy metal and mineral testing using HTMA
- Thyroid health
- Microbiome testing
- Food allergy testing
- Hormone and adrenal saliva testing
- Stool testing
What to do next
First, you will need to book an initial consultation with our Naturopath/Herbalist/Nutritionist so we can assess your health and decide which of our programs is best for you. This will be discussed after your health assessment has been completed.